23/11/2014

Talk to me

Today would be more talking. So unless you don't mind listening to my constant chattering you'd better leave now or remain silent forever or at least till the end of the discourse. Sitting on a pile of the softest pillows ever in my cozy room in on of the Aucklands' best hotels I've decided to share with you what I've experienced this week while in Paris. The city, being just another European city, just with more beautiful everything, proved to be surprisingly normal yet with a touch of astonishment around each corner. Firstly, why are the French so strange, especially the people working in the service, I really cannot tell. Secondly, I'd found myself understanding French, which came as a complimentary surprise treat since I haven't been learning much French at school. Thirdly, (should I go on with the numeration?) nowhere else is the rain and the wind and the cold so romantic as it certainly is in Paris. The most unexpected thing was, however, the surplus of time I've spent in a taxi. Let's just say, always confirm with chauffeur de taxi that they know exactly where do you want to go. Though, the views of the city at that gloomy, wet night were indeed unforgettable. Even if you're not in love, you'll be in love in Paris, be it with the city, the music playing in your head (or is it only me?), or yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment