13/11/2014

Plans


My very first in life and last, as for this month, night in Hong Kong I've spent on murmuring the amiable lyrics of Milky Chance - "Stolen Dance" till the early morning hours. I have naturally made very specific plans regarding what to dos where paying a visit to the Big Buddha was, given my affection to religions of the Far East, a priority. Despite my eagerness and usually unrestrained motivation to do whatever and wherever, I woke up later than I should have done to complete the agenda. Although it was almost afternoon in Hong Kong, my body clock was strongly suggesting an anti-jet lag rest. Given the circumstances and my inability to sleep during the day, the plans had to be changed drastically into the most predictable thing which is sightseeing and, of course, shopping. Off I went, to the nearby park and a drugstore. The outcome: the humidity made my hair flat, but my bag has been volumed up with some very early holiday gifts for relatives. In the park I also spotted a few Tai Chi enthusiasts practicing just like that - in the middle of the alley, as you can see from the photographs. Afterwards, I sat down in a café which was nearby - not to bother myself too much with walking, to have yet another soya latte and scrutinise the streets of Hong Kong. To my surprise, I suddenly felt the Christmassy atmosphere accompanied with some jingles playing softly in the background. This moment of personal enlightment was suspended by a ferry driver waving at me (how he's noticed me among other coffee lovers sitting in a row by the window - I have no idea), so that I could come into realisation, again within these few seconds, that the vehicles were driving on the left side of the road. 
This day came out totally different than it was supposed to be, but hey, I truly believe that things happen for a reason even when you cannot see any sense or pattern in what's happening around. Perhaps sometimes there is nothing wrong in simply absorbing the vibe of the city spontaneously or even randomly choosing activities rather than visiting top ten tourist attractions. Though I hope I'll go to the Big Buddha sometime soon. As for now, I have my inner Buddha...

1 comment: