31/08/2014

Sandstorm and sheesha

The most unexpected thing happened to me recently. While I was enjoying the weekend at the Dubai Marina with my friend, both of us being mesmerised by the surroundings, came the actual sand storm! All of a sudden, the air from the distance went dusty and the cloud of sand was heading towards us! We've vacated the area straightforwardly as, I have to admit, the huge cloud of dust scared the hell out of me. At that stage, we've decided to hide so we opted for a taxi without second thoughts. As we alighted at the beach we quickly found exactly what we were looking for: sheesha place! Making ourselves cozy in the interiors, we waited for the storm to end and when the air cleared out, off we went. Having this sheesha by the shore made me feel really enthusiastic and relaxed about my dwelling in the Middle East. And although the sandstorms in Dubai are not that common at this time of the year, I managed to score one in a month of being here. All in all, all-pervading sand covered my sunnies, my camera and my loose hair - not so very nice experience. Below are the actual photos of the storm, no filters, no photoshop (actually I don't owe one). Enjoy and beware of the sand storms!




No comments:

Post a Comment