13/08/2014

Few facts

Here am I, stretching idly in the middle of my king size bed, thinking about my new surroundings. Dubai is indeed so much different to what I used to take for granted in Europe. Among the adorable and abominable things I detect every now and then there is: the fact that the number of pavements sums up to almost null, the fact that petrol here is cheaper than water, the fact that you cannot download skype here though you can use this program anyway, the fact that drinking water is just desalinated water from the sea, the fact that taxis are surprisingly cheap whereas linseed is unexpectedly pricey, the fact that my favourite coconut water is available on almost every corner as well as there is a gym and a swommingpool in each building, the fact that my hair is falling out excessively supposedly due to the water quality, the fact that you cannot eat not drink in the tube and, to top it up, you cannot even chew gum at the station and in the train unless you want to be fined. I must admit, this sudden change of the entire everything is pretty intense. Additionally, I am currently absorbed in literally piles of study materials but hey, who said it is going to be easy? Dubai is still growing on me, that is what I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment