01/08/2014

Looking onto the fountains






As many of you probably already know, I've just spent my first week here in Dubai. The city has been very welcoming, mostly thanks to the Emirates' openness and wholeheartedness. Complete opposite of a party animal as I am, I like to cherish ordinary moments, have a hot cup of whatever I am craving at the moment or simply sweat my ass off at the gym instead. Thankfully, in Dubai, and here comes the surprising part for some of you, there is a gym AND a swimming pool on almost every buildings' rooftop which makes everybody's lives so much easier. Coming back to the pictures, they were taken from one of the Dubai Mall's café places viewing these from the terrace. Sipping my delicious mango smoothie I was there, on Friday evening, staring at the world's highest fountains accompanied by serene music (first show) and Hindu rhythms (second show) while gasping for some fresh air not so very common now in Dubai. The thing is, the summer is unbearably hot here, so the air conditioning truly is a life-saver in some situations. The good thing though is the fact that whenever you get cold inside, which happens to me quite often I have to admit, you can always venture outside to balance your temperature immediately as I am doing every now and then. For your information, the thing I am looking up to is of course the highest building in the world called Burj Khalifa.

No comments:

Post a Comment