28/06/2014

The horrid part

So I am going to be travelling the world. So be it. The only drawback of this prosperous adventure ahead of me is the fact that I am about to take circa ten vaccinations! To be honest, this massive amount of vaccinations scares me to death. Although there is only one obligatory vaccination to be taken before leaving to Dubai, I've decided to take them all in my home country. In that way, I wouldn't have to worry about needles while in Dubai. Given that I am a complete needle-freak and that I am extremely opposed to this kind of "medicine" I am left with nothing but surrender. Yesterday was my first encounter with the Yellow Fever thing and the Hepatitis A thing. I am good with weird, I really am, but needles, you can tell, is one of my biggest phobias. After a little stumble and a rumble and a tumble I was finally qualified to get my vaccinations. Let's just say, not every doctor takes their job professionally and shows up for a meeting, and let's just say the vaccinations are damn pricey - the first obstacle conquered by arranging a visit in a different clinic and the second, well... I was rescued by my sister. Luckily, no sooner did I sat on the sofa than I realised it was all over!
So here I am, as you can see, safe and sound, with a sticking plaster on each arm. Next week I am having three more injections and the week after that, two last injections. My right arm is now aching a little but let's just hope I'll live...




No comments:

Post a Comment