24/06/2014

Cabin Crew English

Hello there, me again. This time I wanted to share with you the book on English language used by Cabin Crew. This book is my recommendation for those who are to be working up in the sky in the nearest future. I suggest that you focus on the audio part and phrases. Nevertheless, you may still find dealing with different cultures and the multiple varieties of English or let's say Englishes a little bit irritating, especially in the beginning. If only the English used by other-than-native speakers sounded like English! However hard it might be for you to understand the incongruous varieties of English you may hear, do not give up. After two weeks or so, and after your ears are more or less familliar with constant bubbling, you will get used to the varieties of English and even start to appreciate them (the more the marrier). To end this oh-how-long prologue, I just wanted to point out that varieties of English were always of my greatest admiration, to the point that they are actually part of my education. I think I can just leave you with the book then:

Terence Gerighty with Shon Davis (2011) "English for Cabin Crew". HEINLE Cengage Learning




No comments:

Post a Comment