02/07/2014

The Open Day aka OD

So I thought it would be nice to share with you the stages one needs to go through while applying for a job as Cabin Crew. Beware though, these stages may vary according to airline's policy. Anyway, as you may have already realized, the first stage is called the Open Day and it is basically a mutual introduction day. OD pretty much consists of getting familiar with the company by watching some short movies, saying "hi" to the recruiter and handing them your CV. I have to admit that the OD I attended in Warsaw was really fun. It was held in a luxurious hotel which I showed up in 15 minutes before the scheduled time. We all went smoothly through the short movies, some Q&A and proceeded to the CV-handing part. I think it was all about first impressions as, like I said, all you had to do was to come closer to the recruiter, give them your CV, answer some easy question such as "when did you finish high school?" and smile, above all - smile. And that's it! We were then told to wait till the late afternoon for a call. Successful or not, we were about to receive a call saying if they would like us to proceed to the next day of recruitment or not. How very courteously! Lucky as I was, and I am thinking "beginner's luck" if so, it wasn't until I got home, than I received a call with the good news: I was invited for the Assessment Day which was held straightforwardly the following day. Excited as I was, I tried to keep a curb on my emotions as I needed to stay level-headed the next day. If you are curious how my AD went just stay tuned! The picture here is the one that was approved, not so very enchanting, I know... Met the standards though :)


No comments:

Post a Comment