26/09/2014

Benvenuto!


First layover flight (in aviation jargon layover means that you go somwhere, eat, sleep, shop drink and what not, and then go back) I was taken to Rome - beautiful, ancient city as per my perception of that day. Sat down in a randomly chosen restaurant, while waiting for a customised pizza vegetariana, which, obviously, turned out to be the best pizza I have had so far, I agreed to have a glass of vino from the hands of a charming owner. Had it not been for the vibe of the place and taking into account my drinking habits or rather the absence of such to be more specific, I wouldn't have opted for alcohol. Other than that, wandering through the narrow alleys of the capital made me feel extremely relaxed and calm, maybe even sluggish, I have to admit. Or maybe it was the vino talking, or the urge to rest. Maybe. Nice and slow, as befits Rome, I headed back to my bed and woke up to a delicious breakfast topped up with an Italian caffe, accompanied by a lovely colleague of mine. Rome - checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment